Ba Na Hills is a beautiful tourist destination located in the mountains outside of Danang City, Vietnam. It is a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike, offering stunning views, exciting activities, and unique experiences. If you’re staying in Hoi An and want to visit Ba Na Hills, you may be wondering what the best way to get there is. In this article, we’ll explore several options to help you find the best way to get from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills.
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Guide to Getting from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills
Taking a Private Car to Ba Na Hills
For those who prefer a more comfortable and personalized experience, you can choose to rent a private car from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills. VnCarRentals’s is one of the car rental companies in Hoi An that you can trust and rely on for this service. The cost for a private car depends on the type of car and the duration of the trip, but it is estimated to be around 800,000 VND to 1,600,000 VND. The trip from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills takes about an hour and is a great option for families or groups of friends who want to travel together.
Taking a Taxi to Ba Na Hills
One of the most convenient ways to get from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills is by taxi. Taxis are readily available in Hoi An and can be booked through your hotel or hailed on the street. The ride from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills takes approximately one hour and can cost anywhere from 1,000,000 VND to 1,500,000 VND, depending on your negotiation skills and the taxi company you use. It’s important to agree on the price before getting in the taxi to avoid any misunderstandings or overcharging.
There are many taxi companies in Hoi An for you to choose from. Here is a list of some taxi companies in Hoi An and their phone numbers for you to easily contact:
- Mai Linh Taxi: 0235 3 92 92 92
- Faifo Taxi: 0235 3 91 91 91
- Hội An Taxi: 0235 3 91 91 91
- Song Han Taxi: 0235 3 92 92 92
- Hội An Express Taxi: 0235 3 91 91 91
You can call these taxi companies directly to book a ride or use ride-hailing apps such as Grab or GoViet to request a ride.
Renting a Motorbike to Ba Na Hills
Renting a motorbike is another popular option for travelers who want to get from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills. It’s a great way to explore the scenic countryside and have the freedom to stop wherever you want along the way. Motorbikes can be rented from many shops in Hoi An for around 120,000 VND to 150,000 VND per day. However, it’s important to be an experienced rider and wear a helmet for safety. The ride from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills takes around one hour and can be quite challenging as the road is steep and winding.
In Hoi An, there are many motorbike rental points, and below is a list of some of them and their addresses for your convenience:
- Anh Khoa Motorbike Rental: 62 Tran Hung Dao Street
- Phuc Hoi Motorbike Rental: 26 Phan Dinh Phung Street
- Hoi An Motorbike Rental: 81 Hung Vuong Street
- Tigon Motorbike Rental: 14 Le Loi Street
- Hoi An Express Motorbike Rental: 648 Hai Ba Trung Street
Joining a Group Tour to Ba Na Hills
Joining a group tour is a convenient and hassle-free way to get from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills. Many tour companies in Hoi An offer day tours to Ba Na Hills that include transportation, entrance fees, and sometimes lunch. It’s a great way to meet other travelers and have a knowledgeable guide to show you around. The cost of a group tour varies depending on the tour company and the package, but expect to pay around 600,000 VND to 800,000 VND per person.
Using a Shuttle Bus to Ba Na Hills
Another way to get from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills is by using a shuttle bus. Shuttle buses run between Hoi An and Ba Na Hills several times a day and can be booked through your hotel or a local travel agency. The cost of a shuttle bus is around 150,000 VND per person and includes transportation only. The ride from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills takes approximately one hour and can be a good option for budget travelers.
Exploring the Unique Beauty of Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills is a picturesque hill station located in the Truong Son Mountains of Central Vietnam. With its cool climate, stunning natural scenery, and unique attractions, it has become a popular tourist destination. If you are planning to visit Ba Na Hills, here is a guide to help you explore the unique beauty of this mountain retreat.
The French Village
The French Village is one of the most unique attractions in Ba Na Hills. It is a replica of a French village with cobblestone streets, colorful houses, and a church. The village also has a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops that sell souvenirs and handicrafts. You can take a leisurely stroll through the village and soak up its charming atmosphere.
The Golden Bridge
The Golden Bridge is a must-visit attraction in Ba Na Hills. It is a pedestrian bridge that spans two hills and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and forests. The bridge is supported by two giant hands, which give it a surreal and magical appearance. You can take stunning photos on the bridge and enjoy the panoramic views.
The Fantasy Park
The Fantasy Park is an amusement park located in Ba Na Hills. It has a variety of rides and attractions for all ages, including a roller coaster, a 4D cinema, and a dinosaur park. The park also has a carnival area with games and prizes, as well as a food court with a variety of cuisines. You can spend a fun-filled day at the park with your family or friends.
The Debay Wine Cellar
The Debay Wine Cellar is a unique attraction in Ba Na Hills. It is a wine cellar that was built in 1923 by the French. The cellar has a collection of vintage wines from France and Italy, as well as a tasting room where you can sample the wines. You can learn about the history of winemaking in Ba Na Hills and enjoy the exquisite taste of the wines.
The Linh Ung Pagoda
The Linh Ung Pagoda is a Buddhist temple located in Ba Na Hills. It is a serene and peaceful place with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. The temple has a giant statue of Buddha and several smaller statues of Buddhist deities. You can light incense and offer prayers at the temple, or simply sit and meditate in its tranquil surroundings.
The Wax Museum
The Wax Museum is a fun attraction in Ba Na Hills. It has a collection of lifelike wax figures of famous people from around the world, including actors, politicians, and sports stars. You can take photos with your favorite celebrity and learn about their life and achievements.
Ba Na Hills has several gardens that are worth visiting. The Sun World Ba Na Hills Garden is a vast garden with a variety of plants and flowers from around the world. It also has a replica of the Eiffel Tower and a Japanese garden. The Rhododendron Garden is a beautiful garden with a variety of colorful rhododendron flowers. You can take a leisurely walk through the gardens and enjoy the natural beauty of Ba Na Hills.
Travel Tips Hoi An To Ba Na Hills
If you are staying in Hoi An and want to visit Ba Na Hills, there are several travel tips you should keep in mind to make your trip as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.
- Plan Your Trip in Advance To make the most of your trip to Ba Na Hills, it is important to plan ahead. Check the weather forecast to make sure you are visiting on a clear day, and book your tickets in advance to avoid long lines. You can buy tickets online or at a travel agency in Hoi An.
- Choose the Right Time to Visit Ba Na Hills can be crowded during peak hours, so it is best to plan your trip during off-peak times. The resort is open from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm, so consider visiting early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid the crowds. You can also stay overnight at one of the resort’s hotels to enjoy the scenery without the crowds.
- Consider Your Mode of Transportation As mentioned in our previous article, there are several options for getting from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills, including private car or taxi, motorbike, bus, shuttle bus, and motorbike taxi. Choose the option that best suits your budget and preferences.
- Dress Appropriately The weather at Ba Na Hills can be unpredictable, so it is important to dress appropriately. Bring a light jacket or sweater, as the temperature can drop at higher elevations. Wear comfortable shoes, as there is a lot of walking involved. Be aware that certain attractions, such as the Linh Ung Pagoda, require modest clothing.
- Bring Cash and Snacks While there are restaurants and cafes at Ba Na Hills, they can be expensive. Consider bringing your own snacks and drinks to save money. It is also a good idea to bring cash, as some attractions and services may not accept credit cards.
- Don’t Miss the Attractions Ba Na Hills is full of unique attractions that are not to be missed, including the Golden Bridge, the French Village, and the Fantasy Park. Make a list of the attractions you want to see and plan your itinerary accordingly.
- Take Your Time Finally, remember to take your time and enjoy the scenery. Ba Na Hills is a beautiful and peaceful place, and rushing through it will only detract from the experience. Take in the stunning views, learn about the history of the resort, and savor the delicious food.
Visiting Ba Na Hills from Hoi An can be an unforgettable experience. By planning ahead, dressing appropriately, and choosing the right mode of transportation, you can make the most of your trip and enjoy all that the resort has to offer.
In conclusion, there are several options for getting from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Private cars and motorbikes are ideal for those who value comfort and flexibility, while taxis and shuttle buses offer convenience and affordability. Public buses are the most budget-friendly option, but require patience and flexibility. No matter which option you choose, the journey to Ba Na Hills is sure to be an unforgettable experience.