Ho Chi Minh City is a popular tourist destination located quite close to Phu My Port. Perhaps that’s why travelers often combine both in the same trip. However, you might be wondering how far it is from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City, how long it takes to get there, the mode of transportation, and when is the best time to travel. So, read this article now for a smooth journey.
Table of Contents
Traveling in Ho Chi Minh City is vibrant with many attractive destinations.
Possessing a distinctive urban space that is dynamic and modern, Ho Chi Minh City carries diverse cultural values, both tangible and intangible, harmonizing contemporary and traditional elements, creating its unique allure.
The climate in this region is relatively pleasant, with mild sunlight and not prolonged rainfall, making it suitable for tourism activities. With over 300 years of formation and development, the city preserves numerous traces of ancient architecture and artifacts in various museum systems. Simultaneously, many outstanding modern structures have been and are being constructed, attracting numerous international tourists. Moreover, Ho Chi Minh City is a convergence point for residents from all corners of the country and around the world, contributing to the creation of a culturally diverse and distinctive city, especially in terms of cuisine. The people here are known for their open-minded, generous, friendly, and hospitable nature. Therefore, if you have the opportunity to visit Phu My Port, do not miss the chance to explore Ho Chi Minh City to make your trip more complete!
How far is it from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City, and is it a considerable distance?
What is the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City?
According to the travel map, the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City is approximately 70 km to the southeast. However, the exact distance and travel time depend on your starting point and the chosen mode of transportation. Some routes can help shorten the travel time, and you can use tools like Google Maps or a paper map for measurement.
How long does it take to travel from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City?
With a relatively short distance and convenient transportation, the journey from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. If it’s your first time traveling, you may need an extra hour to find your way. However, since these two destinations are close, you can easily combine them into a day trip.
What transportation options are available from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City?
After learning the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City, your next question is likely about the mode of transportation. These two locations are relatively close, offering various travel options based on your preferences and conditions.
Traveling from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City by Taxi
This is a popular mode of transportation at Phu My Port, chosen by many tourists for its comfort, convenience, and speed. It takes about 2 hours, depending on traffic conditions. Despite the short distance, the cost can be significantly higher compared to other means of transportation. Taxi fares currently range from 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 VND per trip. Additionally, you won’t have the flexibility to make stops for sightseeing along the way.
Some taxi companies you can refer to:
- Vinasun Taxi: 0254 38 27 27 27
- Family Car Taxi: 0778 171 819, 861
- Mai Linh Taxi: 0254 3 56 56 56, 211
- Lado Taxi: 19001111
- Petro Taxi: 0254 3 851 851, 0254 3 81 81 81
- Futa Taxi: 0254 38 38 38 38
Renting a Car to Go from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City
When renting a car, you don’t need to worry about the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City. If you’re traveling with a group or family, unfamiliar with the local area, and want comfortable transportation, renting a car is an ideal choice. The rental cost may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
With a private car rental in Ho Chi Minh City, you can leisurely explore various attractions such as Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, Independence Palace, War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market, and other points of interest you may have in mind.
If you book a day trip from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City, our professional English-speaking drivers will meet you at the port with a personalized sign, taking you to your desired destinations. We won’t charge any additional waiting fees. After exploring Ho Chi Minh City, our driver will safely take you back to Phu My Port.
How far is it from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City and when is the best time to visit?
In addition to the distance, travelers planning to visit Ho Chi Minh City often wonder about the best time to go and when the city looks most beautiful. In reality, Ho Chi Minh City has its own charm in each season, and your decision should be based on personal preferences and plans.
When is the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City?
Ho Chi Minh City, located in the southern part of Vietnam, experiences distinct rainy and dry seasons. If you prefer to travel in sunny weather, it’s advisable to choose the dry season. However, during the hot season, the temperature in Saigon averages around 27.96°C, reaching its peak in April (30.5°C) and lowest in December at around 26°C. Overall, the temperatures in Ho Chi Minh City are relatively high, which might feel warm for visitors coming from colder climates.
The rainy season in Ho Chi Minh City lasts from May to November, while the dry season extends from December to April of the following year. Despite being considered the cooler months, the temperature in Saigon during this time is not significantly low compared to Hanoi.
During the dry season from December to April: This is considered the ideal time to travel to Ho Chi Minh City. In the dry season, you won’t have to worry about sudden rain affecting your exploration. Although daytime temperatures in Ho Chi Minh City are relatively high, the evenings provide a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere.
Best time to depart from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City
After arriving at Phu My Port, it’s recommended to plan to continue exploring Ho Chi Minh City. As mentioned earlier, the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City is approximately 70 km, and the travel time is around 2 hours, so you can depart at any time. However, it’s advisable to start early in the morning (around 6 a.m.) and reach Ho Chi Minh City by 9 a.m. Have breakfast, enjoy a cup of coffee, and then begin your sightseeing journey.
The most famous tourist attractions in Ho Chi Minh City
After learning the distance from Chan May Port to Hoi An and the ideal time to reach Ho Chi Minh City, you should also explore interesting activities to make your trip to Ho Chi Minh City more exciting. Below are some must-visit places when you set foot in Ho Chi Minh City.
The first mentioned site is the Independence Palace, also known as the Reunification Palace – a witness to the historical transition between two regimes and closely tied to the history of the Vietnamese nation. It used to be the workplace of the administrative machinery of the Republic of Vietnam and is one of the nationally significant historical sites.
Designed with a blend of Eastern architecture and Feng Shui elements, the structure is both traditional and modern. Here, you can witness ancient artifacts and relics marking the moments of independence. Particularly, on April 30th and September 2nd every year, Independence Palace attracts thousands of tourists from all over for visits.
- Address: 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, District 1
- Opening hours: 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND/person
Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon
The Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon is one of the tourist attractions in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, considered a distinctive symbol of the city. Located in an ideal central position, this cathedral stands out with its European architecture, blending both Gothic and Roman styles, featuring pinkish-red brick walls, vibrant stained glass windows, and the largest bells in Vietnam. The cathedral serves not only as the operational church of the Saigon diocese but also as a source of pride for the city’s residents. Additionally, around the cathedral grounds, there is a culinary paradise with delicious pastries, fried snacks, salads, and more for you to enjoy.
- Address: 1 Cong xa Paris, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM (Monday – Friday)
- Ticket price: Free
Ben Thanh Market
As the distinctive and renowned name in Ho Chi Minh City, Ben Thanh Market is situated right in the city center, with all four entrances connecting to major roads. The market serves as both a bustling trading hub and a tourist attraction, particularly popular among international visitors.
Here, you’ll find a plethora of goods suitable for buying as gifts for your family and friends, along with indulging in traditional Vietnamese dishes like banh canh, banh beo, banh chien xu, and more. In the evening, the market comes alive with vibrant stalls selling clothing, souvenirs, and busy food stalls attracting a diverse crowd. However, a small note if you plan to shop – be sure to haggle for the best prices.
- Address: Located between Phan Chau Trinh, Phan Boi Chau, Le Thanh Ton streets, Quach Thi Trang Square, Ben Thanh Ward – District 1.
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Ticket price: Free
Ho Chi Minh City Post Office
Regarded as one of the finest structures in Ho Chi Minh City, this site attracts numerous visitors every day for sightseeing and exploration. The post office was constructed between 1886 and 1891 by French architects, leaving a lasting impression with its vibrant yellow color in the afternoon sun, curved windows, and a central clock surrounded by delicate decorations. Inside, the red pathway adorned with the golden star of the Vietnamese flag and a design resembling giant wine barrels stands out, captivating visitors from their very first step.
- Address: 2 Cong xa Paris, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 (next to Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon)
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Ticket price: Free
Vietnam History Museum
If you are someone passionate about culture and history, you cannot miss the Vietnam History Museum. Its predecessor, the Blanchard de la Brosse Museum, was established in 1929. Here, you can explore and admire tens of thousands of valuable artifacts. Furthermore, the museum preserves over 25,000 precious books, newspapers, and documents related to archaeological and historical research. The exhibits are well-preserved, stimulating the curiosity of many.
- Address: 2 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM daily, except Mondays
- Ticket price: 15,000 VND/person
When traveling from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City, consider the following tips
- Transportation Options: Explore various transportation options such as taxis, private car rentals, or organized tours. Choose the one that suits your preferences and budget.
- Distance and Travel Time: Be aware of the distance (approximately 70 km) and estimated travel time (around 2 hours) from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City. Plan your departure time accordingly.
- Traffic Conditions: Check for any potential traffic issues or events that might affect your journey. Depart during non-peak hours if possible to avoid traffic congestion.
- Weather Conditions: Consider the weather conditions during your travel period. While Ho Chi Minh City generally has a tropical climate, it’s advisable to check for any extreme weather events or heavy rainfall that could impact your plans.
- Language: English may not be widely spoken in all areas, so it’s helpful to have basic Vietnamese phrases or use translation apps to communicate with locals if needed.
- Currency: Ensure you have Vietnamese Dong (VND) for transactions. While major establishments may accept credit cards, having cash is beneficial, especially in local markets or smaller establishments.
- Local Customs: Familiarize yourself with basic Vietnamese customs and etiquette to show respect to the local culture.
- Attractions and Activities: Plan your itinerary in advance, considering the attractions you want to visit and any specific activities or events happening in the city during your visit.
- Safety Precautions: Stay vigilant and take necessary safety precautions. Be cautious with your belongings, and keep an eye on your surroundings, especially in crowded areas.
- Local Cuisine: Explore the diverse culinary scene in Ho Chi Minh City. Don’t miss the opportunity to try local dishes and street food, but ensure that hygiene standards are met.
By considering these tips, you can make your journey from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City more enjoyable and hassle-free.
This article has provided you with specific answers regarding the distance from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh City and other useful information. VnCarRentals.com’s hopes it will be helpful for those who are planning to visit this famous city. Ho Chi Minh City is always an impressive destination, leaving a profound impact on travelers. So, if you haven’t experienced it yet, start planning your trip now!