Chay River Dark Cave is the top choice for adventure enthusiasts. It is not just an underwater playground with a variety of activities but also boasts natural landscapes that captivate the heart. Experiencing activities like ziplining, kayaking, mud bathing, swimming, and more at Chay River – Dark Cave makes many travelers “restless”. With its stunning natural scenery, this is a Quang Binh tourist destination worth experiencing, especially for young people and travel enthusiasts.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh
Located in the Son Trach commune, Bo Trach district, Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh is situated within the Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, approximately 50 km from the center of Dong Hoi city.
Regarding the origin of the name Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh:
- Chay River: This name is derived from the source of the river, the Chay Waterfall – a place where the water flows like the sound of a rice-hulling pestle (chay). The river is only about 10 km long, but the area is home to a highly diverse ecosystem.
- Dark Cave: The name, according to many, originates from the “dark light” inside the cave, creating a sensation as if one could touch it.
Possessing pristine and majestic natural beauty, Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh is an ideal destination for many travel enthusiasts and explorers.
Traveling to Quang Binh
To visit Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh, the first thing we need to do is find a means of transportation to set foot in this area. To get to Quang Binh, you have various options such as airplanes, trains, buses, etc. Most international tourists usually depart from Da Nang City or Hue City since Quang Binh does not have an international airport.
To ensure a convenient, door-to-door, safe, and comfortable journey, VnCarRentals.com provides private car rental services in Quang Binh. With a team of professional drivers with many years of experience, we will help you reach Quang Binh as quickly as possible. Book a car rental service from Da Nang to Quang Binh or a car rental service from Hue to Quang Binh right away. You can travel directly from Da Nang or Hue to Chay River – Dark Cave through our services. Feel free to contact us for advice.
Moving from Dong Hoi City Center in Quang Binh to Chay River – Dark Cave
After arriving in the city of Dong Hoi, you can rent a motorbike in Dong Hoi, Quang Binh, take a taxi, or hire a private car to reach Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh. The distance from Dong Hoi City to Quang Binh is approximately 60km, so be cautious when driving to ensure a safe journey
To reach Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh, you can consider the following routes:
- Route 1: Phong Nha Cave Quang Binh Boat Wharf → Cross the Son River upstream → About 1km past Phong Nha Cave → Intersection of Son River – Chay River – Trooc River → Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh.
- Route 2: Tro Mong Forest Ranger Station → Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh → Intersection of Son River – Chay River – Trooc River → Past Phong Nha Cave → Son River → Phong Nha Cave Boat Wharf.
Chay River – Dark Cave Ticket Prices
Tickets for visiting the Chay River – Dark Cave tourist area come in two different types that you may consider:
- Comprehensive Ticket: 450,000 VND per person. With the comprehensive ticket, you can experience all the activities within this tourist area, including mud bathing, ziplining, life jackets, headlamp rentals, helmet rentals for cave exploration, and more.
- Individual Ticket: 270,000 VND per person. With this type of ticket, you will only have access to specific services such as kayaking, swimming in Chay River, and ziplining.
Referencing the ticket prices for Chay River – Dark Cave in advance will help tourists be more proactive during their exploration and experience.
Interesting Experiences at Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh
Kayaking for Scenic Views on the River
During the journey to Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh, don’t forget the activity of kayaking and enjoying the beautiful scenery on the river. The picturesque landscape on both sides of Chay River is created by limestone cliffs mixed with the greenery of the surrounding forests. The unique and captivating shapes of the limestone rocks are formed by the weathering process, and the area also features a pristine forest ecosystem that is hundreds of years old. All of this will leave you mesmerized when visiting Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh.
The water in Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh has a beautiful azure color. According to some research, the river’s water is tinted green due to the erosion of limestone and the dissolution of calcium over millions of years. Another explanation for the green color of the water is attributed to a type of algae that feeds on the limestone of the river, producing nitrogen that gives the water its green hue. Regardless of the reason, immersing yourself in the water here is a truly unique experience.
Ziplining on Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh
Ziplining, though not a new activity, remains highly attractive, and Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh offers a beautiful zipline route with a clear river and lush greenery on both sides. This is undoubtedly one of the memorable highlights of your exploration in this region.
Admiring the Masterpieces of Stalactites in Chay River – Dark Cave
In addition to the exciting activities on the river, Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh is also known for its primitive stalactite formations with unique and diverse shapes, considered a standard model of ancient stalactite formations.
Compared to many caves in Quang Binh, such as Ruc Mon Cave or Son Doong Cave, Dark Cave is more pristine with fewer tourist activities. The cave is approximately 5,258 km long and reaches a height of up to 80 meters, serving as both a water and dry cave. It is home to various rare species like the Ha Tinh langur listed in the Vietnam Red Data Book, bats, and a diverse ecosystem with lush green moss and fossils from ancient times.
Mud Bathing in Dark Cave
One unmissable experience in the journey to Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh is the mud bathing area inside the cave. The right amount of mud, beneficial for health, will bring comfort to your body after hours of walking. Additionally, you can immerse yourself in the cool water of Thuy Tien Lake or Bong Lai Lake nearby.
Enjoying Delicious Cuisine at Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh
In addition to the scenery, cuisine is another aspect that captivates the feet of passionate travelers. When visiting Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh, you have the opportunity to savor many specialties from the land of winds, Laos, such as Grilled Chicken with Quang Binh Salt Dipping Sauce, forest vegetables, mountain stream fish, and more. Nothing beats the experience of bathing in the river and then enjoying delectable and flavorful dishes.
Some Notes When Visiting Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh:
- The route to Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh is easily accessible as it is located within the famous Phong Nha tourist area. You can travel by car, taxi, or even by motorbike.
- It is advisable to bring some personal items such as sunscreen, swimwear, and a waterproof bag to protect your phone when experiencing Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh.
- Check the ticket prices before coming here. Depending on the time, the ticket prices for Chay River – Dark Cave in Quang Binh may vary, ranging from 270,000 VND to 450,000 VND per person for various activities.
Chay River Dark Cave is likened to a masterpiece of nature in Quang Binh. For travelers who love exploring new lands and admiring the beauty of nature, this is truly a destination not to be missed. The experiential activities in this tourist area also promise to bring you moments of extreme comfort and relaxation with friends and family.