Marble Mountains is a famous tourist destination in Da Nang known to many people. This place is like a symbol of Da Nang city because of its poetic landscape, beautiful scenery and vast nature. So what’s attractive in Marble Mountains ? Let’s explore this place with Vietnam Car Rentals in detail!
About Marble Mountains
Famous as the number 1 tourist attraction in Da Nang, Marble Mountains is located in Hoa Hai ward, Ngu Hanh Son district and 8km southeast of Da Nang city center. The reason people call this place Marble Mountains because this is the common name of 6 limestone mountains rising behind a sandy beach.
The special thing is that each mountain is named after the five interacting elements, namely Kim Son, Moc Son, Thuy Son, Hoa Son (including two mountains of Duong Hoa and Am Hoa) and Tho Son.
Marble Mountains was ranked as a national historical and cultural relic by the Ministry of Culture in 1980. It attracts visitors by a system of temples, diverse caves with landscapes and natural wonders. The most prominent is Thuy Son mountain, the mountain chosen by many people when coming to Marble Mountains and is considered the highest of the 5 mountains here.
When should you go to Marble Mountains?
According to Marble Mountains travel experience, the best weather to explore this place is from March to September every year. Because this is the time of the dry season, with little rain and wind, it is also the most beautiful time in Da Nang. Not only that, take advantage of this opportunity to immerse yourself in the blue, cool and extremely interesting beaches!
Means of transportation to Marble Mountains
You can refer to a few suggested Halo Travel vehicles below:
- Motorbike : This is a vehicle that helps you be more active in your trip. Departing from Da Nang, it only takes about 15 minutes to get to Marble Mountains along the route Vo Nguyen Giap – Truong Sa – Non Nuoc or Le Van Hien – Non Nuoc. Car rental rates range from 100,000 VND – 200,000 VND/car/day. Some reputable car rental addresses for your reference such as: Gia Huy, Binh Minh, Bao Tin car rental points, Anh Tuan company, …
See More: Danang To Hoi An By Car
- Bus : Bus is a public transport that helps you move to Marble Mountains at an affordable price and is suitable for self-sufficient travel. There are many different bus routes for you to choose from, the time between buses is about 20 minutes.
- Private Car : If you want to avoid the hot summer sun, Car Rental is the right vehicle for you. You can actively call for reservation by hotline or call a car in front of the hotel door if you are in the city center. (See more reputable Da Nang Car Rental ,)
Ticket price list to visit Marble Mountains
- Reference price when visiting Marble Mountains by elevator: 30,000 VND/round-trip ticket
- Reference price when visiting Marble Mountains to hire a guide: 50,000 VND/person
- Reference price to visit Thuy Son mountain
|Children under 1 year old||Free|
- Scoop the reference fare to visit the Amphitheater
|Children under 1 year old||Free|
To see more details about the article on the prices of Marble Mountains: Latest update on ticket prices for Marble Mountains (Ngũ Hành Sơn) in Da Nang.
Explore the caves in Marble Mountains
Huyen Khong Cave
Huyen Khong cave is one of the most beautiful caves of Marble Mountains with an open-air, dome-shaped shape and receives outside light shining into it. One thing is for sure, you will be surprised when you step into this space. Huyen Khong Cave does not have many stalactites like other caves but is cool and fresh.
Coming to Huyen Khong Cave, you also have the opportunity to pray for wealth, fortune and peace at Ba Chua Tien temple and Lord Thuong Ngan temple.
Right from the name that makes visitors imagine the magic, the cave is divided into 2 directions Hell and Heaven. With 12 prison gates, each door has a ruler, so when you come here to visit, you will be able to fully recreate the legend of the underworld.
Entering the Underworld, the hell area has cold air emanating from the rock, giving you a feeling of horror and fear. Until you return to the way to Heaven, each step lightens up, giving you the feeling of being raised from the dark Hell.
Thien Long Cave
Thien Long cave is located inside Thien Phuoc Dia cave and next to the heaven gate – Dong Gio Dong cave. With its location right next to the cliff, Thien Long Cave is deeply rooted in the ground and has no way to go down. The reason the cave is called Thien Long because the cave is both light and dark, it will be interesting for you to explore
Famous spiritual places of worship
Tam Thai Temple
The famous spiritual place of worship Tam Thai pagoda is one of the two famous temples in Marble Mountains. To get to Tam Thai Pagoda, you have to pass 156 stone steps on the west side of Thuy Son mountain.
The gate of the pagoda is impressively designed with 3 gates. The main gate is the most important gate for monks, while the left gate is for men and the right gate is for women. Experiencing many ups and downs of time, the temple has been repaired many times but still retains its own ancient beauty.
Linh Ung Pagoda
Linh Ung Pagoda with nearly 200 years of life, is located on the top of Thuy Son. After many restorations, the temple still retains its ancient beauty. Right in the middle of the pagoda is a 10m high statue of Shakyamuni Buddha, on both sides worshiping Bodhisattva Earth Tang and Bodhisattva Guan Yin. When visiting this temple, visitors can both admire the spirituality and admire the beautiful scenery of the Marble Mountains.
Other places to visit
Thuy Son Mountain
Thuy Son is a mountain with a large area and many beautiful scenes for tourists to visit. This is the highest and most beautiful mountain among the mountains of Marble Mountains . Thuy Son Mountain possesses a very unique beauty with rocky material and converges the sea, sky and lyrical mountains, bringing many profound values of spirituality, culture and history. To visit Thuy Son mountain, you will have to buy an entrance ticket at the price of 20,000 VND/ticket.
Non Nuoc stone carving village
Non Nuoc stone art village is a place that makes visitors feel like they are immersed, fascinated by the world of sculptures delicately carved through the hands of artisans. The seemingly lifeless stones, just through each drill or meticulous chisel, have become a work of art of high value. Please visit Non Nuoc stone art village to check and admire the wonderful beauty of stone!
Recommend places to eat near Marble Mountains
Visiting Marble Mountains, you should not miss enjoying the specialties here. Some restaurants that are well-reviewed by tourists you can refer to are:
|Name of the shop||Address||The famous food|
|Hue beef noodle soup, Ms. Hong||145 Ngu Hanh Son, Bac My An Ward||Bun Bo Hue|
|Mrs. Van’s fish sauce vermicelli||23/14 Tran Ke Xuong, Hai Chau||Seasoned vermicelli with fish sauce|
|Quang Dung Noodles||Kiet 43 Ngu Hanh Son, My An Ward||Quang noodle, noodle soup, chicken noodle|
|Thanh Huong Restaurant||5 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Hai Chau district||Seafood vermicelli|
|Mrs. Duong’s Restaurant||K280/23 Hoang Dieu, Hai Chau district||Pancakes, spring rolls|
Pocket a few notes for the trip
- You should bring sports shoes because the path is mainly steep stone steps, so wearing shoes will help you move more easily.
- Because visiting temples and shrines, you should pay attention to dress neatly and politely.
- To save money on the trip, remember to bring drinking water, bottled water and snacks to use when resting.
- If you are afraid of the dark, bring a flashlight so that when entering the cave it will be easy to move.
- Finally, do not forget to consult the details as well as the weather forecast before you go.
- If you want to buy something as a gift, don’t forget to ask the price before buying.
From some necessary experiences when traveling to Marble Mountains that Vietnam Car Rental shared through this article, hopefully you will help you have a happy trip with your relatives and friends.