When traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An, tourists can combine visits to various tourist destinations. So, how far is it from Da Nang to Hoi An? In reality, the distance from Da Nang to Hoi An is only about 30 kilometers, equivalent to a 40-50 minute drive. Therefore, tourists can easily enjoy both locations within the same trip.
Combining travel in both Da Nang and Hoi An can also help save costs. Furthermore, there are various modes of transportation available for travelers to choose from when going from Da Nang to Hoi An. Below is detailed information about the routes and transportation options between Da Nang and Hoi An.
Table of Contents
How far is Hoi An from Da Nang?
The distance between Da Nang and Hoi An is a common question for many travelers today. Most people often visit both Da Nang and Hoi An in the same trip. If you measure from the center of Da Nang, it’s about 30 kilometers to Hoi An’s ancient town, heading south. It will take you approximately 40-50 minutes to travel to Hoi An, depending on the route and mode of transportation. So, how can you travel from Da Nang to Hoi An? Let’s explore the details below!
Routes from Da Nang to Hoi An.
Travelers can journey from Da Nang to Hoi An via the following four routes:
- Route 01: From the city center of Da Nang (Truong Sa) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Hai Ba Trung – Ly Thai To – Hoi An (28km).
- Route 02: From Da Nang International Airport (Nguyen Huu Tho) – Nguyen Chi Cong – Tran Dai Nghia – Nguyen Tat Thanh – Ly Thuong Kiet – Hoi An.
- Route 03: From the city center of Da Nang – National Highway 1A – Vinh Dien – Huynh Thuc Khang – Hoi An’s ancient town (27km).
- Route 04: From the city center of Da Nang (Le Van Hien) – Via the provincial road from Da Nang to Hoi An (30km).
How to Travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
There are several ways to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An for you to choose from. Please consider some of the following suggestions from VnCarRentals.com’s.
For tourists to reach Hoi An with ease, bus route number 01 has been put into use since 2015. With the ticket price ranging from 25.000 VND to 30.000 VND for each turn, this is a perfect option for those who are travelling on a budget. Sharing a bus with the locals and immersing yourself in their culture must be a worthwhile experience.
However, bear in mind that it costs you a little amount of money but might take you a little longer to get to your destination. Furthermore, this bus can only accommodate small bags, so if you are travelling with big suitcases, find another transport mode. There are various stops along the way. Therefore, check the information below to find out the closest one.
Bus route Da Nang – Hoi An:
Outbound direction: Danang Central Bus Station – Ton Duc Thang Street – Dien Bien Phu Street – Le Duan Street – Tran Phu Street – Trung Nu Vuong Street – Duy Tan Street – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son Street – Le Van Hien Street – Hoi An bus station.
Inbound direction: Hoi An bus station Street – Le Van Hien Street – Ngu Hanh Son Street – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Bach Dang Street – Phan Dinh Phung Street – Yen Bai Street – Le Duan Street – Dien Bien Phu Street – Ton Duc Thang Street – Danang Central Bus Station.
Operation time: Depart from 5:30 am – 6 pm with 1 bus every 20 minutes.
1 way ticket price: about 25.000 VND-30.000 VND/ticket.
Moving time for each turn: about 70 – 80 minutes
Comparing to the local bus, you need to pay a bit more for transfers by minibus. In return, you will be picked up directly from Da Nang Airport or railway station and taken straight to the door of your accommodation in Hoi An. The cost per person is around 100,000 VND ($4), and they run every hour from 5.a.m to 11.p.m. You can book a shuttle in advance so that you can organize your itinerary and map out your plans.
PRIVATE CAR OR VAN
If you go in a group and look for a private transfer because you don’t want to mess around with buses and taxis or share the ride with other passengers, you should consider renting a tourist car or van and a driver. It’s comfortable and convenient. You can stop anywhere you want on the way. In addition, you can save your time by not waiting to gather other relevant passengers and then do the rounds as everyone gets dropped off at different stops in Hoi An like public buses.
By renting a private car with a driver in Da Nang from VnCarRentals.com’s, you will have the best transportation service. Our drivers will pick you up at your hotel lobby, the airport, or the train station, anywhere in Da Nang. Moreover, during the journey, if there’s time, you can also stop to visit famous tourist spots along the way, such as Marble Mountains, My Khe Beach,… Rent a car service from Da Nang to Hoi An today to receive detailed itinerary advice. Our pricing is transparent and provided below.
Max (3 Pax – 2 Baggages)
Max (4 Pax – 3 Baggages)
Max (8 Pax – 6 Baggages)
The rental price ranging from 200.000 VND – 300.000 VND/4-seater car/way, 400.000 VND – 450.000 VND/7-seater car/way or 500.000 VND – 600.000 VND/16-seater car/way. If you do not know where to rent a quality car with good services, you can refer to some following car companies:
Taxis are readily available outside Da Nang airport terminal during the day. Prior arrangements are not required. You just need to hand over your destination address to the driver and then he will take you there.
Nonetheless, this is the most expensive option and it is very easy to get into paying much more than the amount you expected. If you take a taxi, make sure that they use their meter and it works correctly during the journey, or you can make a price deal upon entering the cab. A good price is around 500.000VND for 1 way.
Danang Leisure had listed some reputable taxi brands that offer transfers between Da Nang and Hoi An so that you can easily contact and make your reservation.
In Western countries, people might not be familiar with travelling by motorbike taxi but it is very popular in Southeast Asia and has been stable in Vietnam’s transportation scheme for decades. If you carry a hand luggage only, do not miss this chance to experience a journey that is “so Vietnamese” with traditional “xe ôm”.
It is easy to wave to a driver outside the airport. They wait for customers all day and the price depends on your negotiation. However, almost of these drivers are not good at English, so make sure they know where you are going by bringing a map or the written name of that place.
Renting a motorcycle
Save the best and most exciting option for last. Motorbikes are the preferred choice of transportation for many Vietnamese locals. Renting a motorbike offers flexibility at a relatively low cost. You can expect to pay around 150,000 VND – 250,000 VND per day, excluding fuel expenses. If you plan to rent for a week or longer, you may even receive a discount.
However, it’s essential to consider the heavy traffic conditions in Vietnam. While exploring the vibrant country on a motorbike can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, prioritize your safety, and do not take this risk if you are not an experienced driver.
Here are some places offering you quality motorbikes in Da Nang:
- Bình Minh:
Contact number: 0879 698 886
Address: 36 Tạ Mỹ Duật Street, An Hải Ward, Sơn Trà District, Đà Nẵng
Rental fee: 80.000 VND – 160.000 VND/day
- Sông Hàn:
Contact number: 0905 304 050
Address: 86/26 Thi Sách Street, Hòa Thuận Tây Ward, Hải Châu District, Đà Nẵng
Rental fee: 100.000 VND – 100.000 VND/day
- Gia Huy:
Contact number: 0903 529 586
Address: 126/6 Trần Cao Vân Street, Tam Thuận Ward, Thanh Khê District, Đà Nẵng
Rental fee: 150.000 VND – 180.000 VND/day
- Bảo An:
Contact number: 0886 512 999
Address: 14 Nguyễn Thiện Kế Street, Phước Mỹ Ward, Sơn Trà District, Đà Nẵng
Rental fee: 80.000 VND – 150.000 VND/day
Grab Car or Grab Bike
Now you can book Grab from Da Nang to Hoi An by bike or car (if you go with many people)
What to do? What to eat in Hoi An?
What to do in Hoi An?
- Japanese Covered Bridge: This is considered one of the most famous attractions in Hoi An. The Japanese Covered Bridge was built in the late 16th century and features a small temple inside dedicated to the Huyen Thien Dai De. When visiting Hoi An, this is a must-see destination.
- Tan Ky Old House: This is one of the houses with the distinctive architecture of Hoi An’s ancient town, over 200 years old. The house is divided into many rooms, with the front used for trading and the rear used for storing goods.
- Handicraft Workshops: This is where various traditional handicrafts such as weaving, pottery making, mat weaving, and lacquer painting are practiced. When you visit these workshops, you can learn about the process of creating intricate items and experience the peaceful atmosphere of the Hoi An countryside.
In addition, there are many other attractive tourist destinations in Hoi An that travelers should not miss, such as Hoi An Market, Thanh Ha Pottery Village, and Phuc Kien Assembly Hall. You can explore these places in more detail in the article “Must-Visit Tourist Destinations in Hoi An.”
What to eat in Hoi An?
Hoi An is enticing not only for its ancient yellow walls and historic houses but also for its unique and delicious local dishes with Central Vietnamese flavors.
- Mi Quang: This is one of the top 10 delicious dishes in Hoi An that you must try. This traditional dish combines thick noodles with shrimp, meat, quail eggs, grilled rice paper, and fresh herbs. Mi Quang is very famous, so you can find it being served all over town. Some places to try Mi Quang include Quan Ba Minh, Cam Ha, or street food stalls in Hoi An Market.
- Cao Lau: This dish is a specialty closely associated with Hoi An’s ancient town. It’s safe to say that it has been around since the 17th century. Therefore, when you visit Hoi An, you’ll get to savor the authentic and rich flavor of Cao Lau. You can find many restaurants that serve Cao Lau, such as Hoa Cao Lau – Cong Nu Ngoc Hoa.
- Hoi An Chicken Rice: Hoi An Chicken Rice, served with onions, pickles, and fresh herbs along with a bowl of chicken broth, provides an unforgettable taste experience. You can try some delicious chicken rice dishes at restaurants like Com Ga Ba Bui, Com Ga Ba Huong, and more.
Note when traveling from Da Nang to Hoi An.
- To make your trip more complete, you need to proactively plan a specific Da Nang – Hoi An itinerary to calculate a reasonable travel time and choose the most suitable mode of transportation.
- Travel time and costs vary, so consider your needs and financial situation when choosing your mode of transportation.
The above information is how to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An from A to Z that VnCarRentals.com wants to share with you. We hope that with this information, you will have a more complete and wonderful Da Nang – Hoi An trip.