Huyen Khong Cave in Marble Mountains is a scenic treasure possessing a dazzling, mystical beauty along with many historically significant stories. Travelers visiting Da Nang must not miss this destination.
When tourists come to Da Nang, everyone is familiar with Marble Mountains. Huyen Khong Cave is located right on the highest mountain of this area. It serves as both a spiritual destination and offers a wide range of exciting experiential activities. Check out the latest travel experiences at Huyen Khong Cave in the following article.
Where is Huyen Khong Cave located?
Address: It is situated on Thuy Son Island, atop the highest peak of the Marble Mountains – 81 Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City.
When is the best time to visit Huyen Khong Cave?
Located on the route connecting the city center of Da Nang and Hoi An, visitors can easily come here. Nowadays, with the development of tourism services, you can take an elevator up the mountain, so there’s no need to worry about the height issue.
The most suitable time to explore the cave is during the dry season, on sunny days. During this period, you will fully appreciate the beauty of the cave and enjoy the natural coolness here.
Directions to Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang:
To reach Huyen Khong Cave from the city center of Da Nang, you can start from Dragon Bridge. From the main road, turn left onto Ngo Quyen, go straight, and then turn left onto Ho Xuan Huong. From Ho Xuan Huong Street, turn right onto Vo Nguyen Giap, continue to Truong Sa. Go straight until you reach Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street in Hoa Hai, and you’ll arrive at your destination.
Visiting Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son) combined with a trip to Hoi An is a choice favored by many domestic and international tourists. You can travel from Da Nang Airport or your hotel in Da Nang to Hoi An while making a stop to visit Marble Mountains. You can easily book your trip from Da Nang to Hoi An with a visit to Marble Mountains by renting a private car from #VnCarRentals.com. With our private car rental service with a driver in Da Nang, you can customize your itinerary, visit multiple places, and explore at your own pace. Contact us today for assistance.
Ticket prices and visiting hours at Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang
Opening hours: From 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.
- 40,000 VND for adults.
- 10,000 VND for students.
- Free for children under 6 years old.
In addition to Huyen Khong Cave, visitors can also visit other nearby attractions such as Tam Thai Pagoda, also on Thuy Son Mountain. The attractions on other mountains within the Marble Mountains complex are also beautiful. If your visiting time is limited, you can combine this trip with a visit to Da Nang and Hoi An to enhance your overall experience.
You can check out an article about ticket prices at Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son) in Da Nang for the latest updates
Review of Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang with 4 exciting experiences.
Huyen Khong Cave is a cave located on the peak of Thuong Thai, within the Marble Mountains of the famous Ngu Hanh Son landscape. Situated right on the Da Nang – Hoi An route, visiting the cave is quite convenient for tourists. Not only is it a spiritual destination, but Huyen Khong Cave also offers many captivating experiences that are sure to delight many visitors.
Admire the sparkling, mystical beauty of Huyen Khong Cave.
Within the Marble Mountains scenic area, Huyen Khong Cave is considered the most enchanting cave, both in terms of its mystical beauty and its profound spiritual value. What makes this cave unique is its open space, flat terrain, and five openings in the ceiling that allow natural light to shine through.
On sunny days, the sunlight streaming in makes the cave even more enchanting than ever. Moreover, on hot days, Huyen Khong Cave acts like a natural air conditioner, providing a refreshing and airy environment, rather than feeling claustrophobic, making it ideal for sightseeing and relaxation.
Explore the profound spiritual significance of Huyen Khong Cave.
In addition to its geological and scenic values, Huyen Khong Cave is a spiritually rich space. It features ample natural light, a serene atmosphere, and houses numerous Buddhist statues and shrines that are trusted and revered by many locals and visitors alike.
When visiting Huyen Khong Cave, you can pay your respects to the statue of Thich Ca Buddha, sculpted by the artisan Nguyen Chat, with an altar dedicated to Phat Dia Tang Vuong Bo Tat (Earth Store Bodhisattva) beneath it. To the left of the Buddha statue is the shrine of Lady Chua Tien (Lady Ngoc Phi) and the shrine of Lady Chua Thuong Ngan (Loi Phi).
Deep within the cave on the right side, you’ll find Trang Nghiem Pagoda, a temple dedicated to Quan Am Buddha, along with the three Saints Quan Cong, Quan Binh, and Chau Xuong. The temple also has shrines dedicated to Ong To (Kitchen God) and Ba Nguyet (Moon Lady) for relationship blessings.
Check-in at Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang.
When traveling, capturing memories through photos is a must. Despite being a natural space and a cave, Huyen Khong Cave offers numerous picturesque spots for travel enthusiasts. The abundant natural light, cool and lush surroundings, and the cave’s open ceiling create perfect conditions for beautiful photographs.
You can choose to take photos at the cave entrance or in the middle section, where light shines through the openings in the ceiling from outside. Additionally, the translucent marble walls or the areas outside the cave, around the Marble Mountains, also offer many stunning photo opportunities.
Discover the historical significance of Huyen Khong Cave.
In addition to its strong spiritual atmosphere, Huyen Khong Cave also holds a place in history with many unique historical imprints. From the resistance against the French colonial forces to the Vietnam War – the anti-American resistance, this location once served as a secret base for local guerrillas and as a first aid station and hiding place for wounded soldiers.
It’s clear that this destination offers us a wide range of unique experiential feelings. From the solemnity of the spiritual space and the resonance of historical stories to immersing oneself in nature and appreciating the enchanting and captivating beauty of the natural rock formations.
Places to visit near Huyen Khong Cave
Some places to visit near Huyen Khong Cave include:
- Tam Thai Pagoda: Located within the Marble Mountains complex, this pagoda features intricate architecture and beautiful statues.
- Marble Mountains: Explore the other caves and pagodas within the Marble Mountains complex, such as Am Phu Cave and Linh Phong Pagoda.
- Non Nuoc Beach: Relax on the sandy shores of Non Nuoc Beach, known for its scenic beauty.
- My Khe Beach: Another beautiful beach in Da Nang, My Khe Beach is great for swimming and water sports.
- Son Tra Peninsula: Explore the lush natural beauty and wildlife of Son Tra Peninsula, also known as Monkey Mountain.
- Cham Museum: Learn about Cham culture and history at the Cham Sculpture Museum in Da Nang.
- Dragon Bridge: Catch the Dragon Bridge show in the evenings when the dragon breathes fire and water.
Some notes when visiting Huyen Khong Cave
Here are some tips to keep in mind when visiting Huyen Khong Cave:
- Respectful Attire: Dress modestly and respectfully when visiting religious and spiritual sites. This means covering your shoulders and knees.
- Footwear: You might need to remove your shoes before entering certain areas of the cave, so it’s a good idea to wear easily removable footwear like sandals or flip-flops.
- Photography: Be mindful of the rules regarding photography. Some areas may have restrictions on taking photos, especially if they contain religious artifacts.
- Silence: Maintain a quiet and respectful demeanor while inside the cave, especially in areas where people are praying or meditating.
- Waste Disposal: Dispose of your trash properly in designated bins to help keep the area clean and beautiful.
- Guided Tours: Consider taking a guided tour to learn more about the history, culture, and significance of the cave. Local guides can provide valuable insights.
- Safety: Be cautious when exploring the cave, especially if there are slippery or uneven surfaces. Follow any safety guidelines provided by the authorities.
- Opening Hours: Check the opening hours of Huyen Khong Cave to plan your visit accordingly.
- Respect Local Customs: Familiarize yourself with local customs and practices to show respect to the local community and their beliefs.
Huyen Khong Cave offers travelers a complete sightseeing experience with beautiful landscapes, serene and refreshing surroundings, and a rich spiritual and historical significance. This is undoubtedly a must-visit destination in your trip to Da Nang and Hoi An. You don’t need an extravagant travel plan; if you’re seeking a simple, tranquil place to immerse yourself in nature, make your way to Huyen Khong Cave on Thuong Thai peak, Marble Mountains, part of the Ngu Hanh Son complex in Da Nang.