Not only famous for its green beaches, Diep Son Island Khanh Hoa is impressive with the typical sea route connecting the islands. Visitors can easily walk from one island to another and take advantage of more vivid photos in the middle of the blue sea
The following article provides some information about Diep Son Island , which hopefully will be useful for visitors in their upcoming island exploration.
Where is Diep Son Island?
Is a series of 3 small islands: Hon Bip – Hon Giua – Hon Duc, Diep Son island is located in the waters of Van Phong bay, Van Gia town, Khanh Hoa province.
Although, this place is still quite wild, but this place has impressive points with 1-0-2 that visitors cannot find in other places.
How to get to Diep Son Island Nha Trang?
Phat Diep Son
Diep Son Island is about 60 km from Nha Trang city center, to get here will take you about 50 minutes (by car) and 80 minutes (by motorbike).
See More: Nha Trang Car Rental
The first way: From Nha Trang, you can take a Car Rental or motorbike to Van Gia port. From here, there is a train to Diep Son around 9am to 11am. The train time to the mainland is 5am to 6am.
The train to the island only takes about 30 minutes, depending on the weather each day.
Boat ticket from Van Gia port to Diep Son island round trip is 200,000 VND/person.
Option 2: From Van Gia Port, continue about 8km to Tan Dan. Opposite Tan Dan communal house, there is a small alley running to the sea, go a few hundred meters and ask Uncle Tu Nghia to rent a boat to the island (tel: 01667982151). When moving to the island by boat, it only takes about 15 minutes. Rental price from 200,000 VND – 300,000 VND / group of 6 people. After going to the island, you can rent a motorbike to travel Diep Son.
Reference: Diep Son Island Google maps
The ideal time to visit Diep Son Island
You should come to Diep Son around December to July every year. This is the dry season in Diep Son, the weather is dry, cool and without rain. At this time, the sea will also be calmer and bluer.
What is there to discover Diep Son Island?
Walking on the road in the middle of the sea in Nha Trang on Diep Son island
The walking path across the sea is nearly 700 meters long, connecting the middle island with the big Diep Son island. The winding road is about 1 meter wide and is less than half a meter deep under the clear blue sea.
This stretch of road only appears for 3 to 4 hours at low tide, adding to the attraction and curiosity. Walking on this road brings a feeling of great excitement, mixed with suspense and a little bit of fear.
Virtual living by the Pearl Bridge
Pearl Bridge is a bridge over the sea stretching more than 300m, often appearing in people’s virtual living frames with the illusion that there is no stopping in the middle of Diep Son sea. The bridge is quite wide, has no railing, and the sea on all sides has created an “extreme” background for each person to race to check-in poses.
Bathing in the sea and admiring the field of reeds
Diep Son beach is impressive with long fine white sand and clear water for you to enjoy swimming or wandering.
In addition to the clear blue beach, Diep Son also has a romantic reed lawn. This place will be more poetic when watching the field of reeds in the afternoon sunset.
Experience the life of the fishing village people
Diep Son Island has about 80 households, people live mainly by fishing. The daily activities of the people on the island depend on the generator, each family only has 3 hours of daily electricity use.
You can follow the fishermen to experience the fishing and living here to better understand their culture.
In Diep Son, there are a number of travel companies that organize kayaking activities for tourists. Visitors can rent this service to both have fun and explore Diep Son island in a new way.
Diep Son self-sufficient travel experience
- On the island there is only electricity from 6 am to 9 pm, if you want to use electricity from people’s houses, you should pay them.
- If you spend the night on the island, you need to prepare tents, flashlights or ask to sleep at people’s houses.
- Diep Son Island is very clean, no industrial waste. When coming here, remember not to litter indiscriminately.
- The security on the island is also very safe, you do not need to worry too much when spending the night here.
Diep Son island tour
- 8:00am: Get on the shuttle bus
- Pick up a motorbike taxi from Van Gia Bus Station to Diep Son Port: 20,000 VND/person.
- Buy Canoe ticket from Port to Diep Son Phat Ly Island: 200,000 VND/round trip. The canoe ride is about 10_15 minutes, so we are more flexible in choosing the departure time and the return time.
- 10:30: Arrive on the island. There are 2 separate stops for guests returning from the swimming tour and guests staying overnight.
- Sleeping in tents, thatched huts: 200.00/night/person. Or rent a private room Robinson: 1 million – 1 million / night / 2 beds.
- Meal: 150,000 VND / portion / person (fish sour soup, braised fish, fried squid with tomato pineapple …).
- Seafood: including fish, squid, snails, lobster, …. Prices range from 200,000 VND / dish.
- Activities on the island: Kayaking, coral diving, Fishing, ….
Review of Diep Son island from visitors
- The 2 most beautiful sea walking paths of Diep Son before, I thought it was difficult to meet, but the day I went, from morning to afternoon, I could see it clearly.
- Around December to July every year is a beautiful time for you to travel to Diep Son Island.
- In this season, few tourists come and go so they enjoy taking pictures, taking selfies of all kinds, the beach is beautiful from the table, around 12 noon, the road in the middle of the sea appears slowly and there is a beauty in this island that is 2 streams of water. One side hot, one side cold.
- In Diep Son, there are no games or food, so if you go out, don’t complain about nothing. Come out just to admire the scenery and breathe in the fresh air and then come back, because it is still very wild.