The Han River Bridge is not just a convenient transportation link; it is also a source of pride, closely tied to many stories of the people of Da Nang. The distinctive features in its design make the Han River Bridge special, not only in the hearts of the local people but also worldwide. Today, let’s visit the Han River Bridge with VnCarRentals.com’s to admire the beauty of this bridge. It is a vital hub in transportation, tourism, awakening the economic potential of the city.
Basic Information about the Han River Bridge in Da Nang
Construction of the Han River Bridge began in the late 20th century and was officially opened for operation in the year 2000. It is a must-visit attraction if you want to explore Da Nang thoroughly! What makes the bridge even more significant is that the entire design and construction were carried out by Vietnamese engineers, funded entirely by contributions from the people of Da Nang.
Perhaps, it is for this reason that the bridge holds much more meaning than many other structures in Da Nang. The Han River Bridge not only plays a crucial role in transportation but also contributes to the development of the economy, tourism, and the port, creating conditions for the strong economic growth of Da Nang in recent years.
Furthermore, thanks to its unique design and the stories surrounding it, the Han River Bridge in Da Nang becomes lively and beloved by many. It seems that every bridge in Da Nang is not just a simple structure; it has a “performing talent” that leaves people in awe, making a powerful impression. If the Dragon Bridge impresses with its ability to spout fire and water, the Han River Bridge is a graceful 90-degree rotation performance.
How to Get to the Han River Swing Bridge?
The Route to the Han River Swing Bridge?
The Han River Bridge is strategically located, making it easy for you to find. Local residents usually have many routes to get to the Han River Bridge, but in general, there are two main routes:
- Route 1: From the central bus station, find your way to Ton Duc Thang Street, then turn onto Dien Bien Phu Street. When you reach the Le Duan intersection, continue straight, and you’ll arrive at the bridge.
- Route 2: From Da Nang Airport, find Nguyen Van Linh Street, and then turn onto Tran Phu Street. Continue straight on Tran Phu Street until you reach Le Duan Street. Drive a bit further, and you will see the Han River Bridge right in front of you!
For both routes, it will take you approximately 15-30 minutes to travel. Most roads in Da Nang are easy to navigate, flat, and have few intersections, so you should have no trouble finding your way to this bridge!
Which Transportation Should You Choose to Reach Han River Bridge?
To facilitate your journey to the Han River Bridge, you have various transportation options. Here are some popular modes of transportation:
- Motorbike: This is a commonly chosen option for travelers who want to explore Da Nang independently. It is suitable for young couples and families with small children, allowing them to enjoy the scenery of Da Nang and participate in activities organized on both sides of the Han River.
- Private Car: For larger groups, families with elderly members and young children, or international tourists, renting a private car with a driver in Da Nang is the optimal choice. Our private car rental service will pick you up and drop you off at your chosen location, with a flexible schedule based on your preferences. With a professional and experienced team of drivers, your journey will be easy and comfortable.
- Electric Car Experience: For those traveling in groups or with families, you can move to Han River by electric car. You can ask the hotel reception to arrange this for you. The cost for an electric car tour of the Han River Bridge is approximately 50,000 to 100,000 VND.
- Taxi or Grab: On regular days, it is easy to call a taxi or use a ride-sharing service like Grab. However, it might be challenging on weekends and holidays. In such cases, you can ask the hotel reception to call a taxi for you, and then take the driver’s phone number to call in advance, about 15-20 minutes before you plan to leave.
Han River Bridge Turning Schedule
“What time does the Han River Bridge turn?” and “When does the Han River Bridge turn?” are the questions that many tourists are most interested in when wanting to witness the moment the Han River Bridge in Da Nang rotates.
Since its inauguration until now, the bridge has changed its turning schedule several times. Specifically, the current turning schedule for the Han River swing bridge is as follows:
- From Monday to Friday: on weekdays, the Han River Bridge has a turning schedule at 1 a.m. On those days, about 15 minutes before, all traffic activities will be stopped. Exactly at 1 a.m., the bridge will rotate 90 degrees, creating two lanes for boats to pass through. After that, around 2 or 4 a.m., the bridge will return to its original position, depending on the density of boat traffic on that day.
- From Saturday to Sunday: on weekends when there are more tourists coming for sightseeing, the turning time of the Han River Bridge will be earlier, around 11 p.m. At around 10:45 p.m., all vehicles will stop passing through the bridge, and at 11 p.m., the bridge will turn. By midnight, it will return to its original position.
Prominent Features of Han River Bridge, Da Nang
The bridge has a considerable area, measuring 487.7m in length and approximately 12.9m in width, comprising 11 spans, each span being 33m long. This is an important connection, linking the two main axes of the city of Da Nang: Le Duan Street on the west bank and Pham Van Dong Street on the east bank, providing many advantages in terms of transportation, as well as cultural and economic aspects.
The features mentioned above are not the highlights that make Han River Bridge famous. Its ability to rotate 90 degrees is the most outstanding characteristic that leaves everyone who mentions this bridge in awe, praising it and wanting to experience the view for themselves. At the designated time, the central part of the bridge will split in half and rotate 90 degrees around the axis aligned with the flow of the river, opening up a passage beneath the bridge for large vessels to move through.
Suggestions for the Best Viewing Points of the Han River Swing Bridge
On both sides of the Han River, there are many cafes and hotels with beautiful views of the Han River Bridge. Below are some suggestions for such places for you to consider during your trip:
Cafes near the Han River Bridge
Some cafes with excellent views of the Han River Bridge that tourists can visit in Da Nang include:
- Address: 7 Bach Dang, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
Memory Lounge is located right by the Han River with an all-glass door frame design. Therefore, visitors can choose any seating position in the lounge to enjoy the picturesque scenery of the Han River and the overall modern architecture of the Swing Bridge.
- Address: 98-96 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District
This is undoubtedly a well-known coffee brand for Vietnamese tourists. Cong Caphe is located right on the bustling Bach Dang Street, making it convenient for you to enjoy the Vietnamese coffee flavor while admiring the romantic scenery of the Han River Bridge.
Aroi Dessert Cafe:
- Address: 124 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District
Aroi Dessert Cafe is a strategically located coffee shop where you can see the image of the Han River Bridge. The cafe has a spacious three-floor space, allowing you to choose whether to sit indoors or outdoors according to your preference.
- Address: 22-24 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District
If you want to watch the Han River Bridge turn, Runam Bistro is a perfect suggestion for you. The atmosphere at Runam emphasizes luxury and is meticulously cared for in every detail. It is also a popular choice among many tourists visiting Da Nang.
Danang Souvenirs & Cafe
- Address: 34 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District
If you ask, “What to do in Da Nang at night?” the answer is to visit Danang Souvenirs & Cafe. Here, you can not only enjoy delicious drinks and admire the beautiful and poetic view of the Han River Bridge but also find many cute and interesting souvenirs to buy.
Da Nang Hotels near the Han River Swing Bridge
In addition to cafes near the Han River Bridge, you can also choose hotels with views of this bridge. Below are some hotel suggestions near the Han River Bridge for you to consider for your trip:
Tourist Attractions near Han River Bridge, Da Nang
The Han River Bridge is just one of the captivating sights in Da Nang that captivates every traveler. When visiting this coastal city, you have the opportunity to explore many other attractions. Here are some recommendations from danangprivatecar.com after exploring the Han River Swing Bridge:
Love Bridge Da Nang
Love Bridge Da Nang is a tourist attraction near Han River Bridge that many couples seek out. This destination is designed with a modern European style, featuring soft, flowing arches. Regardless of when you visit, you’ll find extremely romantic moments here.
To make your trip more complete, it’s essential to grasp what you need to know when traveling to Da Nang. This will be an excellent guide to help you take control of the best places to eat, stay, and the most convenient means of transportation.
Dragon Bridge Da Nang
Wondering what to do in Da Nang at night? Head straight to the Dragon Bridge. It’s not just a vital artery of the city but also a unique tourist attraction. You can check-in and admire the image of the dragon stretching its wings out over the beautiful sea.
The Statue of Carp Turning into a Dragon
The Statue of Carp Turning into a Dragon is located right next to the Han River Bridge, displaying unique beauty. This structure mimics the Merlion statue in Singapore. Standing here, tourists can comfortably check-in and capture photos as enchanting as distilled water.
Da Nang Museum
Tired of outdoor attractions? You can visit the Da Nang Museum. This location is equipped with display facilities, audio-visual equipment, and a modern lighting system. Along with that, you’ll learn about the historical and cultural artifacts of the city.
Notes for Visiting Han River Bridge.
- The beauty of the Han River Bridge is even more striking in the evening, so you can come here to admire the bridge when the city lights up.
- May to July every year is the peak tourist season in Da Nang, and many tourists come to check-in in this area. You should be careful to take care of your belongings to avoid pickpockets.
- The weather during this time will be quite hot, so you may consider choosing light and cool clothing for convenience during your visit.
- It is advisable to prepare sufficient sun protection products when visiting Han River Bridge in the morning.
Above is all the information you are looking for about the Han River Bridge. Plan your trip now with various attractions, dining options, and other activities for a perfect and meaningful journey in the city of Da Nang!