Long Son Pagoda in Nha Trang is one of the tourist attractions you cannot miss when traveling to Nha Trang independently, especially for those who enjoy a spiritual and ancient place. There are many things that make me remember this place, a spiritually rich location that is also romantic in its own way…
EXPLORING LONG SON PAGODA IN NHA TRANG
WHERE IS LONG SON PAGODA?
Long Son Pagoda is located at 20 23 Thang 10 Street, Phuong Son Ward, at the foot of Trại Thủy Hill in the city of Nha Trang. The pagoda has been built for quite some time, precisely in 1886, and has undergone several renovations. The entire pagoda complex has a width of 44.5m and a length of 77m, not too large compared to many famous pagodas in Vietnam, but it leaves a great impression on me.
If you are looking for transportation in Nha Trang, we provide car rental services with drivers in Nha Trang. Our professional drivers have many years of experience in transporting both domestic and international tourists, ensuring you have an excellent and comfortable trip in Nha Trang.
WHAT MAKES LONG SON PAGODA BEAUTIFUL AND INTERESTING?
The first thing I remember about this pagoda is its absolute solemnity. On that day, I was wearing knee-length pants (not too short), and I usually wear them when visiting other temples without any issues since they go past my knees. I walked around the pagoda comfortably, but when I tried to enter the main hall to light incense, a monk told me I couldn’t enter. At first, I was surprised, but then I understood and happily stepped out. This didn’t make me feel uncomfortable, but rather made me appreciate the absolute solemnity of the pagoda!
The next highlight that impressed me about this pagoda is the reclining Buddha statue, a 17m long and 5m high statue of the Buddha entering Nirvana, accompanied by a bas-relief depicting 49 disciples deeply immersed in Buddhist practice. There is something captivating about this Buddha statue. It’s difficult to describe!
The statue of Kim Thân Phật Tổ (White Buddha) also fascinated me, but perhaps the most alluring aspect was reaching the top of the hill after climbing 193 steps. The view from there was incredibly refreshing and breathtaking. Standing at the top, you can fully admire the entire city of Nha Trang from various angles. It’s an extremely delightful feeling!
Tourist attractions near Long Son Pagoda in Nha Trang
Oceanographic Institute – about 7km away
- Address: No. 1, Cau Da, Tran Phu, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
The Oceanographic Institute is known as a museum that preserves and collects over 20,000 specimens of 4,000 different marine species. Don’t forget to check-in with the extremely large whale skeleton measuring 28m in length, 3m in height, and featuring 48 preserved vertebrae!
Visiting the Oceanographic Institute, tourists can explore the laboratories, admire rare marine animals, and gain valuable knowledge about offshore marine life.
Tram Huong Tower – 5.3km away
- Address: Tran Phu, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
Nha Trang always leaves a lasting impression on many tourists with its beautiful beaches, cool atmosphere, and vibrant city life. One cannot miss Tram Huong Tower located right in the city center.
Tram Huong Tower showcases a six-tier architecture with a stunning five-petal flower shape. The first floor of the tower connects to a large square where people come to enjoy themselves, take photos, and admire the ocean view. At the base of the tower, there are five statues depicting waves of Nha Trang. The four upper levels of the tower preserve and display beautiful and meaningful images, capturing the simple activities of the people in this area. Additionally, the tower also exhibits many rare and valuable marine products, extracts, and specimens.
Ponagar Tower – 4.4km away
- Address: Hai Thang Tu Street, Vinh Phuoc, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
Nha Trang, the coastal city, impresses visitors with its unique ancient architecture. One of them is Ponagar Tower, the largest Cham architectural complex in Central Vietnam.
Situated on a hill more than 50m above sea level, Ponagar Tower consists of three main areas: the Gate Tower, the Mandapa precinct, and the main temple tower. However, due to the ups and downs of history, today Ponagar Tower only retains five main structures in the Mandapa and temple tower areas.
The impressive feature of Ponagar Tower’s architecture lies in the close connection between each brick. Each tower has a unique four-tier design, and inside the tower, there are numerous stone-carved goddess statues sitting on lotus platforms, creating a mysterious and solemn atmosphere.
See More: The latest experience to visit Ponagar Cham Tower in Nha Trang 2023
Nha Trang Stone Church – 2.1km away
- Address: No. 1 Thai Nguyen, Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
Another fascinating tourist spot in Nha Trang, located about 2.1km from Long Son Pagoda, is Nha Trang Stone Church. It is not only a religious church but also a testament to long-standing history.
Nha Trang Stone Church is built in Western architectural style entirely with stone blocks. Don’t miss this highly attractive tourist destination during your trip to Nha Trang!
Notes when visiting Long Son Pagoda in Nha Trang
Based on my experience visiting Long Son Pagoda, here are some things to note:
- When passing through the three entrance gates to enter the pagoda, walk on the right side, and when leaving, walk on the left side. Absolutely do not use the central main gate.
- When visiting the pagoda, dress modestly and respectfully. Some altars may require you to wear long pants to ensure proper reverence.
- Wear comfortable shoes for climbing the three-level stairs and for easy access to the halls during ceremonies.
- Move and speak gently, avoiding loud noises.
- In Long Son Pagoda, there are many Buddha statues. You should not touch or climb on the statues, and especially, do not ring the temple bell without permission.
- For worshiping and making offerings, choose pure and clean items, avoiding salty foods. Arrange and place the offerings according to the instructions of the pagoda.
- Outside the pagoda, there is a large incense burner. Light incense there and avoid doing so inside the halls as it can affect the sacred space and the Buddha statues.
- From the highest position on the hilltop, you can enjoy a panoramic view of Nha Trang city. You can take beautiful photos here for your virtual memories! However, if you intend to capture the scenery inside the pagoda, be mindful not to pose inappropriately.
Nha Trang has many worthwhile things to explore, and Long Son Pagoda is definitely a tourist destination you shouldn’t miss when visiting Nha Trang. Thank you for reading my articles, and I wish you a joyful and memorable trip to Nha Trang!